Do you enjoy eating amazing chili, drinking free beer and socializing with your fellow Builders Exchange members? If so, join us for lunch and judging at 11:30 AM. Space is limited so please let us know as soon as possible if you will be attending by emailing Treva at email@example.com.
Contestant Information and Rules:
- Anything goes! Red chili, white chili, chili with no beans: whatever you think is best! Your chili may consist of any kind of meat, pepper, pre-cooked or canned tomatoes, various spices, and other ingredients, such as any variety of beans.
- Each contestant may enter only one batch of chili. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place People’s Choice awards.
- Each contestant will be assigned a contestant number by the scorekeeper.
- Each contestant will be responsible for turning in his or her crockpot to the judging area by 11:00 AM.
- All ingredients must be pre-cooked and ready-to-eat.
- Spoons and cups for use in serving chili to the guests will be provided. Condiments will also be provided.
Color – Chili should look appetizing.
Aroma – Chili should smell good. This also indicates what is in store when you taste it.
Consistency – Chili must have a good ratio between sauce and meat. It should not be too dry, watery, grainy, lumpy, or greasy.
Taste - Taste, above all else, is the most important factor. The taste should consist of the combination of the meat, spices, etc. with no particular ingredient being dominated.
Aftertaste - The aftertaste or “bite” is the heat created by the various types of spices and or peppers.